You’ve all heard of probiotics, right? Those excellent-for-you bacteria that keep your gut (and the rest of you!) healthy and functioning? Well, taking probiotics internally for optimum health has been a part of many cultures for centuries (with culinary traditions of kefir, natto, miso, sauerkraut, and kimchee, for example)…but how about taking probiotics externally? Would the same benefits we experience when consuming probiotics also come into play when applied to our skin? (more…)Leave Comment
I received an inquiry from a company called YOUNIQUE earlier this month, who sent me a set of their Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes to try out. I have to admit: I was a bit skeptical at first, since I couldn’t exactly see how fiber lashes that were sprinkled on top of one’s already existing mascara could really make much difference. I mean, was this extra step in the beauty routine really necessary? But once I tried them out I became a believer – and you will too once you see these AMAZING before & after photos. (more…)Leave Comment
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more conscious of not only what I put in my body (favoring organic, responsibly-produced, ethically-farmed, and natural products whenever possible)…but also what I put on my body. The skin being the largest organ means that what it absorbs truly makes a difference in not only how you feel, but also the toxic load placed on your entire system. (more…)Leave Comment
We’re all busy. Life can be totally hectic sometimes, and it’s easy to let one’s beauty routine fall by the wayside, especially when you’re in a rush. Besides being a full-time fashion and DIY blogger and freelancing in graphic design and illustration, I’m also a full-time mom to a rambunctious 7 year-old. It seems no matter how early we get up in the morning, we always end up in the car 20 minutes late to get my little one to school. Body lotion is the last thing on my mind in those precious few minutes I have to get ready.
But summer’s here, and I want to walk around in breezy dresses, shorts, and shorter skirts. My legs are nowhere near summer-ready and I am way behind on starting a moisturizing routine, but I’m still in a rush and honestly quite lazy when it comes to beauty. The more hands-off and fuss-free, the better!
That’s why Vaseline® Spray & Go Moisturizer appealed to me from the very first commercial I saw (I tried the Total Moisture® variant, specifically). Spray it? Go? Instant absorption? Sounds like Vaseline just cut moisturizing time in half. It’s super easy to use–same concept as using hairspray or spray-on sunblock–just uncap, aim, and spray.
The moisturizer is actually more of a lightweight lotion (with a multi-layer moisture complex), and I was surprised by how quickly it absorbed into my skin. Before, I would apply body lotion (when I would remember to) at night after my bath, but with Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer I can just add it into my morning routine and have healthy, moisturized skin all day without the mess.
To apply, you just spray up, switch hands, spray down, and then rub in (“Up, Switch, Down, Rub”). After spraying it on and rubbing it in, I put on a pair of jeans within 3 minutes and my legs weren’t sticking to the inside of the jeans–an awesome improvement.
And I was surprised that my legs were still soft and gleaming–even when I got in the bath about 8 hours later in the evening, when the water beaded wherever I had applied the moisturizer.
Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer comes in three variants: Total Moisture, which contains pure oat extract and leaves skin feeling healthy and soft skin (pictured); Aloe Fresh, which contains pure aloe and leaves skin feeling healthy and fresh, and Cocoa Radiant™, which contains cocoa butter and leave feeling healthy and skin glowing.
And yes, although I am still rushed in the morning, it’s not that big of a deal to just spray the moisturizer onto my legs before slipping into jeans.
Soon…I’ll be slipping into shorts. 😉
Sweepstakes: Win a $1,000 SpaFinder Gift Card
Tell me! How would Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer maximize your morning? Each comment will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $1,000 SpaFinder gift card. Entries will be pooled from participating blogs and one winner chosen.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/1/13 – 7/31/13.
To learn more about Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer visit their Facebook Page!
Good luck to everyone!
FTC Disclosure: This post is part of a paid campaign with Vaseline® and BlogHer. I received compensation for the post, and a sample of Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer Total Moisture. All opinions are my own. My Disclosure Policy is here.
I love hitting up the drugstore whenever I’m in Japan to browse all the new and uniquely Japanese products available. Some never even make it to the U.S., so it’s a treat to scoop up the latest. Above are some of my recent finds:
1. Pukkuri Faux Gel Nail Topcoat With CalGel nails being the norm amongst the nail-art-loving Japanese, some girls want to give their natural nails a break, but still have the plumped-up, glossy, smooth look to their nails. This topcoat promises to create a similar look to gel nails, and yet is removable with regular nail polish remover.
I admit I don’t notice much of a difference between this and a regular topcoat, but it certainly is thick and seals in glittery polishes well.
2. BYS Color Change Nail Enamel I had to sneak this one in, but I think it’s actually an Australian brand. (Aussie readers, correct me if I’m wrong!!) I remember color change nail polishes being popular back in the early 90’s (I think TOMA made a good one), but I haven’t seen one for ages. This went on rather pink to my dismay, but I found that exposure to cold turned it purple. It didn’t quite produce the “gradient” color that the bottle advertised, even though my nails are med-long.
3. KOSE Concentrated Whitening Mask I believe one component in the average Japanese girl’s skincare routine that is essential to their beautiful complexions is the frequent usage of facial masks. Collagen-Infused; Vitamin-Enriched; Whitening; Smoothing; Softening; Brightening; Hyaluronic-Acid-Filled; Packed with Minerals – there are so many different types available I couldn’t ever detail all of them. This one makes my skin feel like Lil Tot’s bottom (which is a good thing!!;-)
4. Odango Cushion Though it reminds me of a tawashi scrubber (usually used for cleaning toilets in Japan!!), this is a base for a nice, fluffy bun.
I don’t yet have a good picture of me wearing it, but it takes my sad little topknot into puffy, fluffy mayhem. Lovely!
5. Cooling Gel In the unbearably hot Tokyo summer, cooling products are rocketing off the shelves of the stores. Hub has a cooling body spray with menthol in it that he’s partial to, and this cooling gel works similarly. I spread it on the back of my neck and on the insides of my elbows for ultimate relief. (Of course, they only provide cool relief for about 10-20 minutes until you start to feel the sticky, oppressive heat again.)
6. “Glamorous” gum A gum created as a collaboration between fashion designer KEITA MARUYAMA and Lotte (I think). It’s apricot-flavored. Imagine if Marc Jacobs or Michael Kors collaborated with Hubba Bubba!!
7. Cooling Neck-Wrap It’s so true that your body temperature is affected by what you wear on your neck!! I never really thought about it but once I experienced this wrap it’s like a difference of night and day. Inside the cloth is water-absorbing cooling particles (similar to gel ice-packs), and they plump up when soaked in water. I’ve been wearing it whenever I’m out and about, and though not exactly fashionable per se, it definitely keeps me cool!
8. Gradation Eye Pencil Creates the smoky eye perfectly; one end is a wedge-shaped kohl pencil; the other end is a large wedge-shaped hard rubber tip (not a sponge, that tends to soak up the color you just laid down) that you rub over the line to create a smudgy smoky eye. Why have I never seen this before in the US??!
And in addition, here are a couple more products I’ve seen:
Stick-on Body Jewels with Dangling Chain and Charms: Perfect for when Carnivale comes through your town.
Stick-on Faux Mustaches and Goatees: For when you just can’t seem to grow facial hair.
~If you liked this post, please share it!~Leave Comment