Hello lovely readers! Today I’d like to share the DIY tutorial for the Gem Pendant Necklace I designed for Wander & Hunt. It was inspired by an over-the-top, bejeweled and utterly gorgeous Dannijo pendant – and so I couldn’t help myself but re-create all that glittery goodness. Here’s how:
Gem Pendant Necklace Kit from Wander & Hunt (PVC sheet, Assortment of rhinestones, End caps, Black rope, A lobster clasp and jump rings, Glue, Skewer) / scissors / hole punch / pliers / toothpick (not pictured) / Apoxie Sculpt in black (optional)
1. Place glue on the back of the gemstone for the center of the pendant. Glue to the center of the PVC.
2. Start gluing other gemstones around that first one, and placing them in a sunburst pattern around.
3. Fold the PVC under itself to make another layer below the jeweled layer. Glue together, then cut out leaving a small space around the jewels.
4. Use a hole punch to make 2 holes through the double layer PVC right below the fold.
5. Connect the two jumprings to the end caps and thread through the holes.
6. Press each end of the rope into an end cap, and fill with glue.
7. For added strength, mix a small amount of Apoxie Sculpt and roll it into a snake. Wrap around the rope end, and push into the end cap space with a toothpick.
8. Allow to dry.
Your beautiful gem pendant necklace is now ready to wear!
This necklace is a total statement piece, and looks just lovely paired over a simple top or dress (or layered with a ton of other necklaces!) This kit is only $29 (with FREE Worldwide Standard Shipping) – which is less than 1/20th of the cost of the original Dannijo piece.