Another one of my submissions for Style Sample Magazine and New York Design Shop’s Create Couture Challenge back in early August – this time, a bag makeover!
*Pink Ethnic Stripe Sash
*Brown Ethnic Stripe Sash
*ugly old clutch handbag
*small piece of scrap fabric
1. Squeeze out a generous amount of glue onto the flap of the clutch, and press the Pink Stripe Sash onto it. Allow about a 1/2″ overhang on each side, and cut.
2. Add more pieces of stripe sash, overlapping the edges slightly as you go all around the clutch.
3. For the back add the contrasting color stripe for interest.
4. Fold under the overhang of the Sash, securing with the glue gun.
5. Hot-glue the pin onto the back of the Cream Gardenia, and glue a small piece of fabric over the pin back to secure it.
6. Cut two ribbons (like prize ribbons) from the leftover Sash.
Glue together with fabric glue.
7. Pin Cream Gardenia over prize ribbons, and pin to front of clutch.
What do you think? Does it look better now?
Everyone deserves a makeover!