Feathered things are experiencing a revival lately – and I’ve been hankering after a maribou feather clutch for awhile. But I’m not going to buy when I can DIY for much cheaper! It’s sooooo easy too…
*old clutch-style purse
1. Lay your clutch flat and visually estimate how far apart the pieces of your boa need to be to get the kind of coverage you want.
2. Spread the tacky glue in vertical lines down the front of your clutch, and across the top below the clasp.
3. Starting from one side, lay one end of the boa onto the glue at the bottom of the clutch.
4. Fold the boa piece over at the top of the clutch, and then loop it down towards the bottom. Snip at the bottom of the clutch.
5. Repeat for all the lines of glue until the front of your clutch is completely covered. Allow to dry and then trim the ends so they’re all one length.
Pretty easy, right? To cover both the front AND the back using this method, you’ll probably need two boas. And you could use any type of feathers that suit your fancy…they don’t have to be marabou, and they don’t have to be in boa-form, either.
So finally, welcome to DIY Roundup 8! If you’re unsure how to link up your tutorial (or finished project), here’s how:
Just click the light blue “Add Your Link” button that appears to the bottom left below. Follow the instructions in the Inlinkz window, pasting in the URL of your project or tutorial (from your own blog, Facebook page, Flickr account, Craftster.org, CutOutandKeep.net, etc). Don’t forget to write the NAME/DESCRIPTION of your project – like “Bow T-Shirt” or “DIY Lanvin Necklace” – not your own name or your blog’s name!!! You can link up any piece you’ve made or tutorial you’ve written from any time, not just in the last two weeks (though it would be nice if it’s a recent project, just to keep the content fresh). It’s all about sharing and bringing in more like-minded visitors to your site!
So now you get to share your own DIY’s! If you have a DIY project or tutorial that you’d like to share, please feel free to link below! (However you can only link YOUR OWN PROJECT. Please do not link others’ projects!)
If you’ve linked up your project to the Roundup, feel free to grab the button below.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s projects!