May 28, 2015 | Fashion
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links. For my full Disclosure Policy, click here.
It’s a pool party over at ModCloth, and you’re invited! With so many bikinis and one pieces to pick from, you’re bound to find a standout look that suits your style. And while you’re at it, check out ModCloth’s exploration of so-called “ideal” beach bodies in their new Swim-fographic! It’s an intriguing look at how arbitrarily beauty standards have changed over time. Of course, ModCloth knows that every body is a beach body — the only requirements are a beach, your bod, and a swimsuit you can’t wait to flaunt!
Swim-fographic Link: http://blog.modcloth.com/2015/05/11/swim-infographic/
Swim Story Link:http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear
Apr 20, 2014 | Fashion
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that I receive a small commission if you click through and buy something. To read my full Disclosure Policy, click here.
Yup, the weather’s finally warming up and I’m in the market for a brand-new bathing suit. But nothing boring, nothing run-of-the-mill. I want a statement-maker. And Nasty Gal has some amazing options (even some that are more conservative than the usual fare). Check out my picks to outfit you and your unique style this Summer:
Above graphic, top row l-r: Nasty Gal Cruz Bikini Bottom in White / Chromat Tri Bikini Bottom / Lolli Line Up Bikini Top / Lolli Borderline Bikini Bottom
Middle row, l-r: Mandalyn Betty Swimsuit / Lanikai Swimsuit / Chromat Pentagram Swimsuit / Paixoto Alda Bottoms
Bottom row, l-r: Nasty Gal Bora Bikini Bottom – Black / Nasty Gal Bora Bikini Bottom – Red / Nasty Gal Martine Swimsuit / One Teaspoon Superman Bikini Top
Above graphic, top row, l-r: Nasty Gal Frill of the Chase Bikini / Mikoh Seychelle’s Monokini / 6 Shore Road Push Cart Swimsuit / Shakuhachi Heatwave Neoprene Bottom
Bottom row, l-r: Lee and Lani Rio Bottom / Sky and Staghorn Lottie Crop Top Bikini / Lisa Maree Twice Shy Bikini / Lisa Maree Night Sea Swim
Anything strike your fancy?
Happy Easter (and the beginning of swim season!) everyone!
May 16, 2008 | Fashion, Media
by Carly J. Cais, Fashion Designer & ChicSteals blog
As a designer – my line is RIVETED Clothing & Accessories
– I’ve developed an eye for style over the years…and right along with it, a nose for a bargain. Half the fun of fashion is looking fabulous without needing to declare bankruptcy. Each week, I showcase hot designer-style steals (each for $100 or, in most cases, for much, much less)…along with one splurge-worthy item.
This summer, be the envy of the crowd in a cute suit. There are tons of pre-Summer sales to choose from, making this the time to snag some swimwear for a song. Here are five ways to stay cool by the pool or brave the waves in style this season:
- OMBRE EVERYWHERE Reminiscent of 60’s tie-dye, but updated for 2008, this alluring gradiant color-wash – seen on all the A-list spring runways – has found its way to swimwear. Fade from seaweed-green to sandy-gold in a hot-hot-hot little side-tie triangle…and for strutting down the beach at your most fabulous, pair with white accessories – especially bangles, sunglasses, and a caftan. Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Ombre Sliding Triangle Top & String bottom – $38 (each).
- MOLTO MONOKINI – aka side cut-out suits – provide the stay-put-ness and tummy coverage of a one-piece, with a healthy dose of skin-baring sex appeal. Say ahoy in the nautical chic of a striped-top and anchor print bottom, which is also available in an extended-torso version for $40 from Delias…which means you can set sail looking fab, but with your swim budget still intact.
- SEXY HARDWARE Gold rings, silver brooches, jeweled dangles…metallic accents add a fabulously shiny touch to this year’s suits. Even modest swimwear gets glam with something hard thrown into the mix, however, for hardcore sex appeal, this down-to-there monokini with an enticing trail of O-rings provides just enough coverage to leave him breathless. For sunset cocktails, simply tie on a low-slung pareo and head for the cabana. 3-ring monokini – on sale for $35 (was $70) at Carabella.com.
- BOLD GRAPHICS Prints are a major trend this season, especially over-sized, brightly colored and eyecatching. From floral to psychedlic, a fab one-stop shopping option is Venus Swimwear, which carries a staggering array of styles, colors, and sizes. The Mocha Java print two-piece is simultaneously sophisticated and mod…just add a breezy coverup and some glistening gold-flecked body oil. For just over $55 from Venus.com, the price is definitely right.
- RETRO GIRLIE GIRL Make a splash in a high-waisted pin-up number from MyBabyJo.com, one of the best online sources for retro chic. The halter-neck supports and accentuates your curves, and the boy-cut bottom conceals the tummy-control panel within…so all bystanders will see is you looking slim and trim. For added bonus points: coat your nails in lipstick-red polish. Two-piece cherry-print suit – $70 at MyBabyJo.com.
- SPLURGE OF THE WEEK: AN ICONIC DESIGNER For the perfect suit, sometimes it’s worth investing in a tried-and-true designer label. DVF does not disappoint with an itsy-bitsy bikini in an on-trend (but not overly trendy) safari’ish print. Diane Von Furstenberg Stone String Bikini – $175 at IntermixOnline.com.
If there are any high-priced pieces you’d like me to find similar, less costly versions of, please email me at carlyjcais AT Fashiontribes DOT com.
‘Til next week, fellow bargain-hunters!
– Carly J. Cais