May 5, 2016 | Fashion
FTC Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. My full Disclosure Policy is here.
Is your mom just the greatest??
Unique, special, one-of-a-kind? Hard to find gifts for?
This year, ModCloth to the rescue…with fun, funky gifts sure to please even the most discerning Mom. Their cute and quirky, geeky gifts are great for that special lady in your life. Here’s my wishlist for mine (and maybe something for myself too…maybe my 10-year-old will take note 😉
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11
Click through the below link to see all the cute Gifts for Gals that ModCloth has – and maybe get a little shopping done for yourself while you’re at it 😉
Happy Mother’s Day to all wonderful moms, grandmoms, new moms, old moms, and all those special women out there! (ModCloth has something fun and quirky for each and every one of you ?
May 28, 2015 | Fashion
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links. For my full Disclosure Policy, click here.
It’s a pool party over at ModCloth, and you’re invited! With so many bikinis and one pieces to pick from, you’re bound to find a standout look that suits your style. And while you’re at it, check out ModCloth’s exploration of so-called “ideal” beach bodies in their new Swim-fographic! It’s an intriguing look at how arbitrarily beauty standards have changed over time. Of course, ModCloth knows that every body is a beach body — the only requirements are a beach, your bod, and a swimsuit you can’t wait to flaunt!
Swim-fographic Link: http://blog.modcloth.com/2015/05/11/swim-infographic/
Swim Story Link:http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear
Nov 17, 2014 | Fashion, Life
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. To read my full Disclosure Policy, click here.
‘Tis the season to shop (and save!) and ModCloth has you covered with extensive Gift Guides for everyone in the fam. Which one appeals to my bargain-hunting, penny-pinching self the most? That would be their Gifts Under $20 Guide, and here are a couple of my favorite picks therein:
1. There’s a Map for That Necklace in Gold, $19.99. How unique is this beautiful necklace of the world?
2. I Could Pee on This and Other Poems by Cats, $12.99. For every cat-lover, there’s also a long-silent sufferer of feline whims. Delve into the mind of your furry companion with this cute book.
3. Grab a Bite Socks, $9.99. Kitschy, cute, and fun (love the little fins sticking out). Take the bite out of frostbite with these footwarmers.
4. Open Air Outing Circle Scarf in Black, $14.99 (25% off!). I’m in the market for a new neutral scarf, and this ribbed black one looks chic and understated enough for work.
5. All That Shimmers iPhone 5 Case, $14.99. Bring on the bling in this glitter-motif iPhone case (without leaving a train of DIY glitter behind you).
6. My Pet Octopus Hairclip, $9.99. You caught me: I have a secret thing for octopuses. (Of any genus, hence octopuses.) This hairclip would be perfect for my weird penchant, but not quite as high-maintenance as owning an actual octopus as a pet. Which some might consider cruel due to how shy and intelligent the octopus is.
7. Why You’re So Awesome Book, $11.99. Why you totally are! LOVE this fill-in-the-blank book to give to your favorite someone. Heartfelt – but not in an icky way.
8. No Conquest Ring in Silver, $12.99. I have this ring. I adore it – I get compliments every time I wear it! Very Game of Thrones meets Robert Lee Morris.
9. Galaxy You Later Night Light, $7.99. This night light is just gorgeous, and is kind of reminiscent of the Sparkle Star Galaxy Fabric I designed for Spoonflower. (Extra points for sewing up some coordinating pillows, covering a lampshade, or even making a comforter cover out of that fabric for a full-on Galaxy-themed room!)
Happy Shopping (and mega-saving)!
Oct 30, 2014 | Fashion
The coming Winter chills mean layering is a must in colder climbs – and Modcloth has you covered when it comes to cute (and sophisticated!) layers. Inspired by the unrelenting recent Portland rains, I put together a Polyvore board featuring items from Modcloth that you can layer together to bundle up against the weather and still look fantastic.
Pairing mustard and burgundy looks high-end and polished for work, and pops of navy and blue make it fun. Add a bit of pattern for interest (polka dots) – pair with a lightweight Summer lace dress (for versatility and texture), and pop on a pair of mustard tights to tie the whole look together. Burgundy accessories complete the look – and, if it’s extremely frigid, you can add a soft cardigan underneath, and a jaunty beret and short wool gloves to keep even warmer.
This look works on a variety of body types and ages – just add an umbrella if you live in the Pacific Northwest. 😉
See Modcloth’s other great cardigan selections and outerwear to complete your Fall layering looks!
Stay warm this season!
Nov 16, 2012 | Fashion
Hair: rolled in soft rollers, let dry overnight, back-brushed at the top, top half pulled back with a clip
Crystal Tower Earrings: JewelMint
Cut Back Blazer: DailyLook.com
Copper Collar: H&M
Teach for the Sky Peplum Top: Modcloth.com
Wallet Clutch Bag: Laguna Moon [Japanese brand]
Rings: Target, Claire’s, Cartier & Tiffany wedding rings
Bling Rhinestone Watch: DailyLook.com
Weave Been There Skirt: Modcloth.com
Sparkle tights: ? (similar here)
Cone-Heel Studded Ombre Pumps: Spiral Girl [Japanese brand]
I finally made my first Modcloth purchase recently – and couldn’t wait to share.