from my Instagram: my sorbet peonies in my backyard bloomed! So gorgeous. Follow me on Instagram
Hello again, friends!
I hope everyone had a wonderful week, and a Happy Memorial Day (if you celebrate it).
I have been without Internet for almost a full week…since last Monday there was a lightning storm, lightning struck near my house, made a surge, and apparently fried the circuitboard in my home’s cable junction box. And Frontier couldn’t get someone out to look at it until Friday afternoon. For someone who lives most of their life online, it was extremely hard to figure out how to deal with getting my work done when I had no internet from home…and was maxed out on my data plan on my cell phone for the month. XP
But now I’m back, with some cool links of note from last week. IFB again was kind enough to include my DIY Pearl and Spike Chain Choker in the link roundup…so here are other cool links of note:
Links à la Mode: May 21
SPONSOR: East Dane: Ferragamo Shoes, Superga, Furla, C/Meo Collective, Baggu, Citrine Swim, Black leather booties, Veda, Wrap & Cotton dresses
My tutorial on how to take headshot photos that reflect your blog’s brand was just included in the weekly round-up of Links a la Mode on IFB!
There are a bunch more links – and many EXCELLENT DIY tutorials as well, so clicky clicky to visit all those included and say hi!
Thanks for the inclusion!
Links à la Mode: May 14
SPONSOR: East Dane: Red Heels, Sensi Studio, Katie Diamond, Gray Malin, Vermilion Dresses, Deux Lux, Brooklyn Tailors, Veda, 70s looks & Chaser Clothing
So long, farewell
Edited by Thom of The Sunday Best
Here we are, face to face, a couple of silver spoons. My run as an editor for this venerable list is coming to a close, and as it does I’d like to take a moment to reflect on what makes the internet such an awesome place. Ahem. It’s you. Yes, you! I don’t get to read as much online as I once did, and this list kept me in touch with the, dare I say it, zeitgeist of style writing. I was often amazed at the diversity of topics you writers were willing to tackle. Keep those keyboards clacking, stay strong, and be good to the incoming editors. We are only human.
Links à la Mode: February 3rd
Shopbop Sale: Splendid, C&C, Vince, Elise Overland, YFB, IRO, Gwen Stefani, Nili Lotan, Ella Moss, James Perse, LNA, Velvet
I’m honored for my post to be included in the past week’s IFB Links a la Mode! Along with so much other great food for thought, it’s hard to know where to begin…but please help support our fellow bloggers and take a gander at what everyone else has been posting in the past couple days!
I’m so happy to be included in this week’s Links a la Mode on IFB!
Last week, Links à la Mode fashioned a roundup of the latest fashion perspectives and trends for the anticipation of another highly anticipated Fall. With the “September” editions landing on our doorsteps and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week right around the corner, we brace our pocketbooks for the damage it is about to endure. Whether the latest developments in plus size fashion, a Brazilian blowout, or style inspirations, this week’s links act as a guide of both inspiration and aspirations to Fall fashion. Before we delve into snatching up the latest “it” items from our secret wish (lust) list, below are a few must reads from the intuitive fashion bloggers who share their insights of what to expect from fashion, head to toe.
Links à la Mode: August 19th
- All Tumble Down– Focusing on style “best practices”; what we do well instead of what we don’t
- Amanda Lee– 6 Great Ways to Repurpose Your Clothing
- Beyond Fabric– Tips on size and fit for menswear
- Chic Steals– Street Style the New Determinate of Cool? The Evolution of the Girl Next Door as Style Icon
- Dramatis Personae– Style on the Run Guest Post: Fall Lust List
- Fashion Cents– wants to make sure you don’t break any vows. Get 3 tips on what to wear to a wedding this season
- Fashion Pulse Daily– Dana Lorenz, designer of Fenton Fallon Jewelry, oversees a blogger DIY jewelry session in her Lower East Side Boutique
- Fete a Fete– Review of Givenchy’s new Blooming Fall 2010 makeup collection
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How Does the Coach Poppy Project Benefit Bloggers?
- Just B– B Deceived: Handbags in disguise
- Lovely and Lavish– Fall 2010 RTW: the Worst Accessories!
- Manda Bear– Sally Hansen Limited Edition Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes – Reviews, Swatches and a Giveaway
- Mrs. Bossa Does the Do– Autumn’s a-comin’, and brings with it our perennial love of heritage chic – dig out your sequins and tweed, ladies…
- RetroChick– 5 ways to update your wardrobe for next to nothing
- Return to Sender– A fabulous interview with fat acceptance advocate, and author of FAT!So?, Marilyn Wann and her view on “fashion.”
- Shoe Day Dreams– Skin Secrets – maintenance is key over the long-haul.
- Style Eyes Fashion– Fashion bloggers and consumerism – how fashion bloggers are discouraging consumerism and encouraging sustainable style
- Style Wax Poetic- 10 to die for shoes All Under $100.
- The Curvy Fashionista– Plus size indie label, Jibri gives the Curvy.Confident.Chic Fashionistas a tease with her Fall 2010 collection
- The Coveted– Blown away by the Brazilian Blowout
- Watch this Place– Dark, but don’t let it be dreary… how to wear Autumn’s dark colors without looking drab.
~If you liked this post, please share it!~