I don’t think I ever posted the step-by-step tutorial for this. Woops!
Inspired by this neckpiece (actually a belt)…from the J. Crew Fall 2009 catalog.
A very simple, but effectively pretty, DIY. Seen in this outfit last…last year here.
*8″ Pearl-edged Lace Ribbon
*36″ Cream Satin Ribbon
*15″ x 3″ wide cream-colored Scrap Fabric
*8 Assorted Shades of Silk Flowers
*1 Large Pom Pom
*1 Small fabric Rose
*18″ x 6″ wide Peach Satin Fabric
*Needle & Thread
*Hot Glue Gun
1. Create the backing for your piece. I used an 18″ x 6″ piece of peach satin voile – and turned the edges under, hemming so as to conceal the raw edges.
2. Cut your satin ribbon in half; stitch the end of each to each side of your fabric backing. Apply Fray-Stop or burn ribbon ends to keep from fraying.
3. Add design elements with a hot glue gun onto your fabric backing. I added the flowers first, then squashed the pompon and small fabric rose (premade) in-between.
4. Create large fabric rose by rolling a piece of cream-colored scrap fabric, securing with hand-stitching. Glue onto backing.
5. Tie pearl-edged ribbon in a bow, and glue onto collar.
You’re done! You can wear it as a collar/necklace, as shown – or even wear it as a belt – which I love!
so cute, I can imagine this as a headband too!
Tayler recently posted…Almost There!
This is incredibly cute! I just wish I had a shirt that would go with it. Maybe if I made it as a headband. Hmmm.
So pretty and romantic!
alicia recently posted…DIY Dollhouse Chair Jewelry Tree
I absolutely love this! Hopefully I can find time to make one, I would love it as a belt!
Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired
Natasha recently posted…Guest Post- Think Spring- Think Color!