Project #9 in my submissions for Style Sample Magazine and New York Design Shop’s Create Couture Challenge back in early August.
*sewing machine (optional)
[prep: iron ribbons and trim if kinked or curled]
1. Cut Victoria Lace in half.
2. Place each side onto the edges of a piece of the Sweater Style Stretch Trim. You can either glue them down with fabric glue, or sew them down.
4. Trim the end off the Sweater Style Stretch Trim.
5. Sew or glue down the Cream Ruffle Stretch Trim in the center, covering up the Sweater Style Stretch Trim. I cut the Ruffle Trim a little shorter so it wouldn’t go completely all the way around my waist.
6. Cut the Satin Ribbon in half, on an angle. Seal the ends with an open flame.
7. Hand-stitch the un-angled ends of the Satin Ribbon to the underside of each end of the Ruffle trim.
8. Iron the Butterfly on to the felt.
9. Trim the felt around the butterfly carefully.
10. Remove pin back from White Rose.
11. Hot-glue pin back to the wrong side of the butterfly, and pin to the belt.
A pretty and vintage-fabulous result for a pretty simple process!
You can wear this piece as a belt or as a headband – and the butterfly as a separate pin.