Inspired by Candace Ang‘s ruffle necklaces, I created a super-simple, super-affordable version for one of my submissions for Style Sample Magazine and New York Design Shop’s Create Couture Challenge back in early August.
*silver necklace or chain
1. Cut the Stretch Trim in half.
2. Zigzag stitch the two halves together along the long sides on the sewing machine. (Slightly overlapping them is best.)
3. Securely knot a long piece of thread on your needle, and make long, basting stitches along the long side of the trim piece you just made.
4. Pull thread tight to gather the trim – and knot securely on the other side.
5. Sew back through the top gathers to secure.
6. Stud the trim and fold the stud prongs down on the underside.
7. Cut chain necklace in half, and stitch both ends of it to the top ends of your ruffle piece.
Fuzzy and fun – this was sooooo quick to do.
Totally tactile, this fuzzy trim makes an edgy statement with all that metal peeking out!