Uber-simple. (So simple you don’t even need step-by-step photos to illustrate!)
*2 silk flowers (I chose cream-colored peonies)
*small piece of stiff felt
*2 shoe clips
1. Pull the flowers off their stems and trim off any jutting plastic from the underside.
2. Cut two small circles from the felt – large enough to become the base for each flower, but small enough to not show through in-between the petals.
3. Use glue gun to attach each felt circle to the underside of each flower and press the felt to cup the flower’s shape. In order to stop the top layers of petals from falling off, you may also need to glue in-between each layer, near the center.
4. Open the shoe-clips, place a daub of hot glue on the felt (I chose near the top of the circle to minimize the amount the flower protrudes from the edge of the shoe), and press the non-toothed side of the shoe clip into the glue. Squeeze more glue over that part to firmly attach it to the felt.
5. Allow to dry and remove gluey strings.
I’m liking this girly look on chunky clogs at the moment – found this pair at my local Goodwill and wanted to soften them up for the romantic look that’s so in right now. I love the flower as juxtaposition to the organic wood of the soles. Speaking of clogs, I also have a different pair [brown] of size 7 Nine West clogs up for sale here if anyone is interested.
~If you liked this post, please share it!~
I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches
What a great idea!! I'd love to do something like this and pin it to a blazer ala Carrie Bradshaw!
Wow cool. I will be making those!
I just came accrose your blog! How amazing! Can't believe I missed it so long!
I promote you on my Blog because you are sooooooooo amazing.
I wanted to use your header..but I wasn’t sure if it’s ok 4 you.
greetz from your Biggest Fan in Germany =)
Thanks for the kind words about my blog:-) I love your chic gold nails!!
You’re welcome to use a jpg of my header to link to my blog in the body of a post…but please don’t use my header as your own blog’s header (I assume that’s not what you meant anyway). I’m your newest blog follower now and can’t wait to see more of your beautiful nails!!
Keep at it!