Awww, thanks! I’m sorry it’s taken me awhile to post them, but here they are:
from the amazing L ~DIY Diva~ at Avid Accents, the Versatile Blogger Award.
4 rules go along with this award:
Rule 1: Thank the person who gave you this award.
Done! Thanks L ~DIY Diva~!
Rule 2: Share 7 things about yourself.
Aren’t you gals sick of hearing about me yet???! 🙂
1) One of my hobbies is filling my garden with unusual plants (as long as they don’t require too much upkeep), since I’ve always been bored by plain old red roses or white daisies. Hub has let me get away with blue roses and a sorbet peony so far, but has nixed the Dead Horsehead Lilies and Voodoo Lilies (I suggested planting them along the property line with our particular odious neighbors), and Venus Flytraps won’t grow wild in Oregon (who knew??). Hopefully my green Coneflowers will bloom soon and maybe this Fall I can sneak in an Arctic Kiwi and some black poppies. (img of voodoo lilies from here)
2) I’ve never broken a bone, ever. Knock on wood! (img of cast from here)
3) I’ve kept every birthday card I’ve ever received – going back until the age of 2.
4) I’m a complete klutz and was never really “good” at any sport. I was passibly *okay* at volleyball, softball, and badminton, but that’s it!
5) I’ve always wished to be able to learn how to juggle, do an overhand serve in volleyball, ride a unicycle, and swim the crawl and backstroke properly. My greatest dream is to be able to get en pointe
(not necessarily dance in ballet, just do the exercises in pointe shoes), but at this point in my life that’s probably never going to happen.:-( (pointe shoes img from here)
6) I have one brother who’s 2 years younger than me, who kind of looked like Brad Pitt when we were kids but now looks more like Niels Bohr
. He was more popular with the ladies when he looked like Brad Pitt. (photo of Bohr from here)
7) Whenever I fly, I actually read the safety information in the seat pocket in front of me, locate the nearest exits, memorize how many seats it is to the nearest exit, and watch the crew safety video. One time a man sitting next to me saw me reading the safety card, and said “In my 35 years of traveling on planes you’re the first person I’ve ever seen actually read that.” Hey, if the plane falls out of the sky, I at least want to know where the exit was. Just sayin.’
Rule 3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
(in no particular order)
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Will do! (though it may take me a little while…)
From the lovely Shabna of < a href=”http://shabsy.blogspot.com/”>SHABNA Speaks comes this award. I love her editorial eye and the items she picks to showcase on her blog.
I have to nominate 10 people to pass this award on to!
So here it goes:
Whew! Thank you so much for the awards! I truly appreciate it:-)
More from Chic Creative Life
CCL Featured In