Larissa from For the Love of Craft has nominated *me* – li’l ol’ ME! – to receive this Kreativ Blogger award!! It’s my very first blogging award – and in fact my first award in a very, very long time! – and I am so flattered and thrilled to receive it. (And if you haven’t heard of her blog – definitely go and check it and be inspired by all of her lovely projects and creations!)
The “RULES” of this award are that I am to:
1) Tell you seven things that you don’t already know about me.
2) Name seven other blogs to receive this award.
3) Leave a comment on each of the blogs I have nominated letting them know that I have given them an award.
4) And lastly, to thank the blog that you gave me the award.
7 things you don’t know about me:
1. I never went to fashion design school. I am a self-taught designer and sewer…and if I don’t know how to do something, I pretty much bang my head against it until I can do it.
2. I can’t solder and I can’t weld. Not yet, anyway.
3. We only speak Japanese at home. My son is 4 and barely speaks English.:_(
4. Whenever I am sick (which has been quite often this year) I watch all-day marathons of America’s Next Top Model. Only when I’m sick, mind you.
5. I am addicted to peanut butter – the crunchy type. I will eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon, pressing chocolate chips into my spoonful as I go.
6. I love to sleep! It’s my favorite activity – and I will sleep about 11.5 hours a day, if left to my own devices.
7. I really want to make my own shoes but can’t source the pigskin leather for the soles or inners locally. I need a leather knife too, come to think of it. The lasts I bought are just begging to be used!:-)
7 blogs to receive this award:
1. Agatiszka at agatiszka.blogspot.com
2. Chantal at cocorosa
3. Sushi at le blog de sushi
4. Outi at Outsapop Trashion
5. Stacie at Stars for Streetlights
6. Shin at Fashion Cappucino
7. Keeley at Bum Chic
Thank you again to the lovely Larissa – I promise I will keep trying to be as “Kreativ” as I can be!
Thank you so much! 🙂
I love your 7 things! That is so interesting that you only speak Japanese at your house! Asians are my favorite. I'm trying to teach my son “Yatta!” (short for yarimashita). It's from Heroes if you've never seen it!
Keep up the great work and I will try to do the same!
Thanks very much for giving me this award too 🙂 x Sushi
P.S. Want to exchange blog links? Let me know! x Susho
I'm really happy 🙂 Thank you!!
I love your 7 things!
most esp. #1, Congrats on the award you def deserve it!