Larissa from For the Love of Craft has nominated *me* – li’l ol’ ME! – to receive this Kreativ Blogger award!! It’s my very first blogging award – and in fact my first award in a very, very long time! – and I am so flattered and thrilled to receive it. (And if you haven’t heard of her blog – definitely go and check it and be inspired by all of her lovely projects and creations!)
The “RULES” of this award are that I am to:
1) Tell you seven things that you don’t already know about me.
2) Name seven other blogs to receive this award.
3) Leave a comment on each of the blogs I have nominated letting them know that I have given them an award.
4) And lastly, to thank the blog that you gave me the award.
7 things you don’t know about me:
1. I never went to fashion design school. I am a self-taught designer and sewer…and if I don’t know how to do something, I pretty much bang my head against it until I can do it.
2. I can’t solder and I can’t weld. Not yet, anyway.
3. We only speak Japanese at home. My son is 4 and barely speaks English.:_(
4. Whenever I am sick (which has been quite often this year) I watch all-day marathons of America’s Next Top Model. Only when I’m sick, mind you.
5. I am addicted to peanut butter – the crunchy type. I will eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon, pressing chocolate chips into my spoonful as I go.
6. I love to sleep! It’s my favorite activity – and I will sleep about 11.5 hours a day, if left to my own devices.
7. I really want to make my own shoes but can’t source the pigskin leather for the soles or inners locally. I need a leather knife too, come to think of it. The lasts I bought are just begging to be used!:-)
7 blogs to receive this award:
1. Agatiszka at agatiszka.blogspot.com
2. Chantal at cocorosa
3. Sushi at le blog de sushi
Thank you again to the lovely Larissa – I promise I will keep trying to be as “Kreativ” as I can be!